Official website of City of Scalea (Calabria, Italy) in English

News

25 may 2024
Summer festival in Scalea

Summer festival will take place on the streets of Scalea 31/05–01/06. Free entrance.

more...

5 may 2024
Motoraduno in Scalea

Motoraduno — the Biker’s festival coming to Scalea in May!

more...

14 feb 2024
HAPPY VALENTINE'S!

Wish wish a lots of Love to all site visitors!

more...

24 dec 2023
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to holiday home owners and those who just visiting our fantastic City of Scalea!

more...

10 feb 2023
Street carnival

Carnival will take place in Scalea 14–16 February 2023

more...

NEW: SCALEA FORUM (in English)
Goto Thread: Previous • Next
Goto: New Topic • Search • Log In • Register
[Forum List] / ALL ABOUT SCALEA AND SURROUNDING TOWNS

Renting property out in scalea

Renting property out in scalea
Posted by: Byvictoria (IP Logged)
Date: June 18, 2019 01:57PM

We are considering purchasing an apartment in Scalea or else Bulgaria for us to use a few weeks a year and then rent out the rest of the year but would like to do further research first

Regards Scalea would it be a popular area for holiday rentals ? 

Does anyone else rent out their properties during the year and if so is it easy to do this ? 

Obviously not planning on becoming a millionaire by renting out for holidays but wouldn’t like it be sitting empty the other 48 weeks of the year and would be keen to utilise them to generate some income back

I haven’t been to scalea yet but it appears to be a lovely part of Italy with a nice climate and nearby beach — I have been to various parts of Italy and had never heard of Scalea until recently !

Any advice would be much appreciated thank you

Re: Renting property out in scalea
Posted by: mozg (IP Logged)
Date: June 23, 2019 12:33PM

Hi, yes, Scalea is very popular resort May thru November. I rent mine thru AirBnB quite successfully. Roman from this agency can advise you more and he offers few types of remote management from full-on to just occasional cleaning services for a fixed fee.

Posted by: Nick (IP Logged)
Date: September 01, 2019 09:38AM

mozg wrote:

Hi, yes, Scalea is very popular resort May thru November. I rent mine thru AirBnB quite successfully. Roman from this agency can advise you more and he offers few types of remote management from
full-on to just occasional cleaning services for a fixed fee.
Is it profitable to rent out property this way?

Posted by: den (IP Logged)
Date: September 14, 2019 02:52PM

Nick wrote:
mozg wrote:

Hi, yes, Scalea is very popular resort May thru November. I rent mine thru AirBnB quite successfully. Roman from this agency can advise you more and he offers few types of remote
management from
full-on to just occasional cleaning services for a fixed fee.
Is it profitable to rent out property this way?
Yes, remote rentals is profitable and hassle free.

But more profitable to do all rentals in person, one can get around 80% return per year (achievable only if you have 5 apartmens, or more, because you have to stay in one of the apartments). As more apartments one has, more profit one can achieve.

Goto: Forum List • Message List • Search • Log In • Register
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Scalea | Where we are | WebTV and PHOTO | Property | Shopping | Sightseeings | Contacts | Forum