Official website of City of Scalea (Calabria, Italy) in English

News

25 may 2024
Summer festival in Scalea

Summer festival will take place on the streets of Scalea 31/05–01/06. Free entrance.

more...

5 may 2024
Motoraduno in Scalea

Motoraduno — the Biker’s festival coming to Scalea in May!

more...

14 feb 2024
HAPPY VALENTINE'S!

Wish wish a lots of Love to all site visitors!

more...

24 dec 2023
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to holiday home owners and those who just visiting our fantastic City of Scalea!

more...

10 feb 2023
Street carnival

Carnival will take place in Scalea 14–16 February 2023

more...

NEW: SCALEA FORUM (in English)
Goto Thread: Previous • Next
Goto: New Topic • Search • Log In • Register
[Forum List] / ALL ABOUT SCALEA AND SURROUNDING TOWNS

Re: ENEL

Electricity charges
Posted by: sophiajude (IP Logged)
Date: May 12, 2018 07:24PM

Can anyone tell me if you need to renew your contract after so many years. I have been paying my electricity by direct debit since 2005 . For some reason they seem to have stopped taking the money and my neighbour tells me I now owe 360 Euro plus my electricity has been disconnected. From what I understand I have to sign a new contract and that my electricity may have to be reconnected via Cosenza. I have no idea why they stopped collecting the money and am concerned with how long it might take to get the supply reconnected as I will be going over next Friday. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Yvonne

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 07/17/20 08:44PM.

Posted by: mozg (IP Logged)
Date: May 14, 2018 03:22PM

Well, the best idea would be to get your bills paid by agency for small yearly fee. Then you won’t have any problems.

Yes, ENEL (and pretty much rest of utilities suppliers) are quite strange with regards to direct debits. They do tend to stop them for unknown reasons, that’s why is better to avoid DD in general and get your bill paid by cash with help of the agency.

Posted by: sophiajude (IP Logged)
Date: May 16, 2018 10:08PM

Well, I was doing that then discovered my bills were not being paid, ended up costing me nearly 1000 Euro to resolve matters so I’m not taking any more chances with that. Hopefully I can get re-connected next wee.
Thanks anyway

Posted by: mozg (IP Logged)
Date: May 20, 2018 08:33PM

sophiajude wrote:

Well, I was doing that then discovered my bills were not being paid, ended up costing me nearly 1000 Euro to resolve matters so I’m not taking any more chances with that. Hopefully I can get
re-connected next wee.
Thanks anyway
Wow, that’s stiff. Who was your agent?

Posted by: Brits (IP Logged)
Date: April 15, 2019 12:50PM

mozg wrote:

Well, the best idea would be to get your bills paid by agency for small yearly fee. Then you won’t have any problems.

Yes, ENEL (and pretty much rest of utilities suppliers) are quite strange with
regards to direct debits. They do tend to stop them for unknown reasons, that’s why is better to avoid DD in general and get your bill paid by cash with help of the agency.
Our electricity bill seems too high.
We haven’t been to our apartment since last September, but received bill for almost 200 euros.
Could anyone here explain why our electricity bill is that high.
Many thanks.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10/26/19 01:16AM.

Posted by: anna (IP Logged)
Date: May 01, 2019 10:11AM

Brits wrote:
mozg wrote:

Yes, ENEL (and pretty much rest of utilities suppliers) are
quite strange with
regards to direct debits. They do tend to stop them for unknown reasons, that’s why is better to avoid DD in general and get your bill paid by cash with help of the agency.
Our
electricity bill seems to high.
We haven’t been to our apartment since last September, but received bill for almost 200 euros.

Many thanks.
We have the same issue.
We’ve been charged for our electricity around 30 euros per month.
Looks a bit high.

Posted by: Calabriabound (IP Logged)
Date: May 01, 2019 02:21PM

I was advised that ENEL charge more money now per month. They raised their fees

Posted by: RomanR (IP Logged)
Date: June 03, 2019 10:53PM

anna wrote:
Brits wrote:
mozg wrote:

Yes, ENEL (and pretty much rest of utilities
suppliers) are
quite strange with
Our
electricity bill seems to high.

Many thanks.
We have the same issue.
Looks a bit high.
Electricity costs in Italy starts from around 25 euros per month (just for having electricity connected to your property), then additional charge per kilowatt.
Also in your electricity bill «ENEL» automatically added TV licence (90 euros per year).

Posted by: Lisa (IP Logged)
Date: July 17, 2020 08:57PM

Quote:

We have the same issue.
Looks a bit high.
Yes, it looks right. I’ve spent some time studying it so here it goes.

Usual flat charge is about 25 euros per month for 1.5 KW, but if you have higher output, like 3 KW, then charge is a bit higher. It is advisable to have at least 3 KW otherwise you will need to choose between using air con or washing machine or boiler or electric kettle at one given time. With 3 KW you can use 2 appliances plus TV together. For appt max you can get is 4.5 KW, for a house (villa) — 6 KW.

The actual usage goes on top of these fees and depend on the economic situation and electricity provider so vary between 19.65 and nearly 25 euro cents per KW.

Also, it is not advisable to use many electric appliances at the same time as even your meter will allow it, but wiring is most likely will get burned.

To conclude, for average sized appt it is OK to have 3 KW, but then watch that you are not using more than 2 appliances at the same time. For example, if your air con is on, you can have on boiler and TV, but, if you want to add use electric kettle or hair dryer or washing machine, you will need to switch air con or boiler off. Sounds a bit hectic, but you get used to it. If still not happy — you can upgrade your internal wiring to more powerful one, usually cost about 1000–1500 euros per 1–2 bed appt. depending on number of electric points.  

Hope it helps, wish lovely holidays to all!

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 07/17/20 08:58PM.

Goto: Forum List • Message List • Search • Log In • Register
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Scalea | Where we are | WebTV and PHOTO | Property | Shopping | Sightseeings | Contacts | Forum